TeX Live 2016 released
- GNU Privacy Guard (GPG) is used for file verification for update security.
- There are a lot of changes in LuaTeX backend.
- pdfTeX and XeTeX got new primitives (fundamental commands).
- MetaFont got experimental Lua integration.
- MetaPost got bug fixes and was prepared for a new major version coming soon.
- Some tools got updates, including the TeX Live Manager aka tlmgr.
It doesn’t sound like a big change, but it comes with updates for a lot of packages compared to last year’s TeX Live 2015.
I thank the TeX Users Group and the TeX Live team for that yearly milestone!