TeXworks 0.4.0 released
The new stable release 0.4.0 of TeXworks has been published today. TeXworks is a quick and comfortable LaTeX editor running on most operating systems. It’s free and open source.
The first stable version TeXworks 0.2.x has already been included in TeX Live and MiKTeX.
The major feature of this release is scripting:
- QtScript, Lua and Python languages are supported.
- You can use scripts to add new features or to extend existing functionality.
- Custom shortcuts for quick access can be assigned.
- There are already some useful scripts bundled.
TeXworks 0.4.0 brings further new features:
- “Follow focus” allows keeping the source and preview in sync all the time.
- Positions and sizes of windows are saved for recent documents.
- A command line parser supports greater interoperability.
- Automated updating of resources (templates, scripts, …) supports future updates.
- Interoperability between different operating systems had been improved, regarding input encodings and line ending conventions.
- Auto-completion for the beamer presentation class has been added.
- pdfLaTeX is now the default engine.