September 12th, 2010 by Stefan Kottwitz
TeX Live 2010 is available now.
Some changes in 2010, like announced in this blog post:
- pdfLaTeX automatically converts EPS files for inclusion, as already been planned but dismissed for the previous release
- The execution of a some external commands from TeX, via \write18, is now enabled by default.
- The default PDF version for the output is now 1.5 allowing a better compression.
- Some programs have been added: pTeX for Japanese typesetting, chktex, the dvisvgm converter, further BibTeXU for Unicode support in BibTeX.
- XeTeX now uses microtype for margin kerning but doesn’t support font expansion yet.
For more information and download visit